Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wu Wei shan's sculptures exhibition
















Sometimes, visit exhibitions can make us enrich ourselves and give us many ideas. In a word, visiting exhibitions are a good thing for us, because enhance personal culture is a important thing.
On December 4th, our classmates went to Nanjing University to have an exhibition. The title of the exhibition was Wu Wei shan’ s Sculpture Exhibition. So there showed the traditional and contemporary artworks that made by Wu Wei shan. And there were all sculptures.
During the visit, I saw a sculpture named<>outside. Wu Wei shan’ student told us this sculpture was made by his teacher Wu Wei shan in 2005. In fact, I do not like this sculpture, but it gave me strong feeling. It seemed that this sculpture led me came back to that era. And its rough lines and dark brown colors increased the vision impression as well. This figure sculpture made us think a lot of things about the tired worker. The rough lines expression this sculpture’s meaning completely. The water carried the heavily salt sack. And he dressed very poorly and he was only skin and bones. So he was maybe the poor that worked for the businessman.
The artwork made me felt very embarrassed and shocked, because I am always wasting the food. When I do not want to eat anything, I usually throw it into the garbage can. I think I can not understand their work was so tired before. I think I will change this bad habit next time and forever. Also, this sculpture reminded me to think about the Chinese boat tracker. In order to earn more money for family, they have to use their own physical strength to pull or push the boat in the water; even the situation is very dangerous. Otherwise, I have seen the boat tracker in television. They looked very tired, but they all smiled and sang a song loudly together. Perhaps, they felt satisfied from their work. I think the artist’s intention was to make us think about the poor, and advice us give a hand to them. It is easy for us and warm for them.
In fact, I do not like this artwork, because it is very realistic. The artist use deep lines to express the workers in order to manifest his real meaning. But it can give people many thoughts for anything. Specifically, it made me feel a little pain, I even feel a little sad from it, because of the poor conditions. I think the old might appreciate the artwork, because they have many experiences. They were lived in that conditions and maybe saw these senses.
Luckily, we met Wu Wei shan when we decided to went back to school. Some of my classmates were ask Mr.Wu to take photos with them. At last, we had a big photo with him. He was so kind that encourage us to work hard and to be a nice people. I hope he will make more wonderful sculptures in the future.

No comments: